This is the next instalment of my Special Moments, Magic Memories series for the 2022 A to Z Blog Challenge.
As we all know, wow moments don’t come along every day, otherwise they’d hardly generate a wow response. Instead, if we’re fortunate, we will get little bursts of joy that come into our lives and it’s up to us to enjoy the boost they bring.
So today’s post is more by way of ”favourite things” however randomly they occur.
- Flowers in the garden
- Wandering through an Open Garden or a plant nursery
- Cheerful colours and craft on display
- Lorikeets and other birds in our (or others’) trees
- A Jabiru by a local roadside
- A flight of rainbow bee eaters
- Thoughtful help when you need it
- A delicious dinner at home or in a restaurant
- A clear blue sky with fluffy white clouds
- Surf crashing on the beach and the smell of ozone
- Pelicans floating on a river or flying in formation
- A cuddly cat on a cool day
- A night at a fancy hotel and dinner (a wow if you win it and we did!!)
- A hug from, and a chat with, a friend
- Rain that makes the garden happy
- The smell of the earth after rain
- Uexpected kindnesses
- A bunch of flowers (especially peonies)
- Discovering a new author
- A joke or video that makes you laugh out loud
- The crisp feel of an Autumn day
- Breezes on a hot summer’s day
- Seeing a turtle swim close by when snorkelling 🙂
- Australia’s wide open skies, spaces and vivid colours
- A happy movie
- A delightfully cosy B&B with a fireplace
- A kangaroo hopping down the road (but not when you’re driving)
- A drive in the country
- A glorious sunset
And since we can hardly leave U behind without a genuine Wow Moment: visiting Uluru (aka Ayers Rock), is certainly awe-inspiring and really has an aura. You can read a blog post I wrote about it previously here on my other blog. We revisited Uluru last year and it truly is magnificant. I think it’s a good thing that they’ve banned climbing the rock both for safety concerns and because it’s important to the local Indigenous people. One unexpected delight I’d be thrilled to see would be rain on the Rock as it’s so unpredictable.
What are some of your favourite things?
Have you been to the rock named Uluru?